We get together to cruise, sail, practice and train.
All types and sizes of sailboats, dinghies and people are welcome.
Come have some fun!
Our main focus is working on our kids sailing program in Sooke. With two one week Intensive Sailing Weeks for 2016 and our Sunday Dinghy Sails in the Sooke Harbour year round we are relly getting there. There wrere two one week Summer Day Camps in 2015 and 2014 three in 2013 and one in 2012 we are looking forward to a great 2017 where we will offer sailing programs some time in July and August. Maybe even one day introductory classes in the schools. We have teamed up with Rush Adventures at Coopers Cove and Mariners Village in the Sooke Harbour in Sooke and are really looking forward to what comes out of it.
Opti Program: Teaching children from the ages of 6 to 14 to safely sail and have fun on the water at Sooke. As the children get older they are confident to move on to racing, teaching sailing or advanced sailing classes. If you would like more information on the Program we are modeled after, Mobile Optimist Sailing School (MOSS) or want to sign up look below.
Dinghy Program: We now have two person Dinghy sailing most Sundays with 2 Pirates, 2 Laser 11 and a Laser. This is for the older Youth (14 and up) and Adults. We are offering a one week CANSail 1 to 4 this year also.
Youth and Adult: We have a 19ft Rhodes / O'day sailing most Saturdays. This is for the older Youth (14 and up) and Adults.
Keelboat Program: We do introductory sails on Tuesday NIghts at 6:00 PM (starting in June) and on Sundays. (Only Sundays during the shorter winter days) On the Sooke Basin or the Strait of Juan de Fuca to introduce people to the joys of sailing. All ages welcome!
We have dinghy days periodically bring your own... hope to have some Laser II races.
There is also a Sailing Co-op in Sooke, an affordable way to sail, introduce yourself to sailing or to keep your sailing skills up to date.
We accept donations towards purchasing dinghies and running our sailing school for kids 6 to 14 years old and can offer a tax deductable receipt through National Sport Trust Fund.
Call us at 778-425-4030 or E-mail us.
What we do:
- Promote and facilitate sailing education across all age ranges
- Promote water safety and seamanship in the Sooke area
- Promote the physical, sport and social aspects of sailing and share a common interest and knowledge base.
- Gord Fulcher - Commodore
- Brian Joslin - Vice Commodore
- Robert Chouinard - Past Vice Commodore
- Lis Johansen - Treasurer
- Rob Jolly - Secretary
- Brian Roth - Social Director
- Max Westgate - Sailing Director
- Dale Baker, Sooke BC
- Sooke Rotary Club, Sooke BC
- Dr. Morin, Dr. Joslin and Associates Optometrists, Sooke BC
- Mariners Village, Sooke BC
- The Stickleback West Coast Eatery, Sooke BC
- Jordan River Soapworks, Sooke BC
- Precision Sail Loft, Langford BC -(if you tell them you support Sooke Sailing they will donate us a dinghy sail for every full size sail sold)
- Waypoint Marine, Sydney BC
- Van Isle Sailing Co-op, Nanaimo BC
- West Shore Voice News, Sooke BC
- Terry Laing, Metchosin BC
- Alison Bullock, Victoria BC
- Wendy O'Connor and Chris Vanier, Sooke BC